Friday, August 11, 2023

Water Seal on Sparta Decks

 Water Seal on Sparta Decks

I had power washed the decks at the farm and the sun has been beating on them for a few weeks.  Drove up and spent the afternoon applying Thompson's Water Seal, using a two-gallon hand sprayer.  I was immediately slowed down by the nozzle crudding up and failing and I was getting quite frustrated by this.  I disassembled it and cleaned the nozzle with water but it just didn't seem to solve the problem.  

I hit upon the idea of spraying some brake-parts cleaner into it and VOILA, it did the job!  Gotta remember this!  The Thompsons is pretty viscous.  

Got it all done and about 5 the next morning it rained lightly, a perfect test.  The rain beaded up everywhere.  Probably will wait two years before needing to apply another booster.  Summer of 2025.

Cleaned up the sprayer in the morning so it is ready to go for the next task, probably spraying weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment