Saturday, December 2, 2023

BWW -- Project #13

 BWW -- Project #13


In the basement, a sub-par peg board was mounted, as well as another half sheet out in the garage.  I decided to keep my work in the basement, but the existing board was held up by hanging from only a few shingle nails pounded through holes and into short 2 X 4's hung from the floor joist above.  Enough tools on the peg board and it will be eventually torn loose.  Also it was flimsy all around its perimeter, causing enough floppiness to make it quite unreliable.

I decided to first shore up the connection to the 2 X 4's with more screws and then added firring strips all around and behind the edges.  On the right hand side, I connected the new half-sheet of peg board to the firring strip behind, and increased by 50 percent the amount of tool-hanging space.  I have unpacked only a few tools, the rest remaining boxed in the garage.  With only a limited amount of time before closing up for the snowbird winter, I hung only a few, but it looks much nicer and more secure:

In the spring, when I return, I can unpack more and have more tools easily found for the myriad projects that will present themselves with this house.


No comments:

Post a Comment