Thursday, September 5, 2024

BWW Project #42 Support for Flower Box

 BWW Project #42:  Support For Flower Box



There are three places for flower boxes beneath windows.  One in back off the patio, one beneath the garage window, and this one beneath the downstairs bedroom window.  The left support s


tarted decomposing and drew away from the window.  Cathy and I lifted the flower box off a few weeks ago.

The board against the house was easy enough to draw out and I realized that not only the top was rotting, but the whole thing felt kind of punky.  Why not pry it off the decorative piece, which was fine, and re-make it?  Three screws and a couple staples held the flat piece on.  The piece was an actual 1 X 3.  I don't have my table saw here, so we went to Menard's and bought a piece of primed mop board which was 3/4 by 3 1/8.  Using the chop saw, I doubled them up to make a 1 1/2 by 3 1/8 and it matches the other side very well.  



After screwing the decorative piece to it, I drilled out for the screws to the house, which I replaced with longer deck screws with the same hole footprint.  Cathy painted it and after drying, it went on easily where the old one was and looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment