Tuesday, September 17, 2024

BWW Project #45: Spot spray weeds in yard

 BWW Project #45: Spot Spray Weeds

The back yard is more or less inundated with small broad leaf weeds, some dandelions, but mostly just things that have crept in from the garden or other yards.  Since I can't be trusted weeding the flower gardens because I don't know the flowers from the weeds, I can be trusted to spot-spray with lawn weed killer these invaders. 

It took me about two days to butt-scoot the entire lawn with a spray bottle and squirt them.  Then, in a week or so, I went around again, more quickly, and got the ones I missed or that didn't succumb to the initial volley.

We have gone without rain for a few weeks now and the yard is dry.  Cathy waters the flowers and we water the new grass we planted.  It looks like these weeds have been severely curtailed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment