Monday, July 22, 2024

Farm Project #9 Dishwasher Install

 Farm Project #9: Dishwasher Install



The dishwasher at the farm, which is rarely used, leaked when I opened up the place in spring, and I had to remove it and seal the water input.  That was two and a half years ago.

I moved it out into the porch area, put it on a tarp and tipped it sideways.  Scrutiny revealed that the little water input box with a solenoid on it suffered a micro-crack from freezing over the winter.  I removed it, got the part number and was able to order a new one for about $25 or so, which was pretty cool.  I installed the new part but never got around to re-installing it 1)because it was late fall and time to close up the farm again for the winter, 2) next spring I was too busy and opened the house up without bothering with it, and 3) I was just too lazy or busy with other projects to get around to it.

Even this year I did about 8 things before getting to it, but finally I did.  Moved it over to the spot, re-installed it in the hole and, with some difficulty, got everything lined up again.  However, I still didn't hook the water supply to it because it involves shutting the water off to the house and some draining.

But it's all ready to roll, looks great, and we rarely use it anyhow.  LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment