Sunday, July 21, 2024

Farm Project #8 De-prime AA's

 Farm Project #8:  De-prime AA's



I reload for trap league shooting and it has been very difficult to obtain components over the past few years.  Fortunately I had a 3-year supply because when I make them, I make a bunch.  I have the simplest, single stage MEC and I have reloaded all kinds of hulls and generally have had near-total success.  I have some tricks for when stuff goes wrong.  I have a lot of spent hulls collected over the years and since AA's are multiple use hulls, I have decided to only save and reload them.

I do my reloading at the farm.  Since I am on the verge of running out this season, it is time to make a bunch.  I went up, gathering all the hulls I have been saving.  Most of them are AA's both red old ones and grey newer ones.  

I threw out any others.

De-priming is the first step and I set up with beer, music, and lots of hulls.  In a few hours, I de-primed and re-sized 1225 hulls and threw out a couple hundred that weren't AA's.

I am left with quite a pile of hulls for the next step, which I intend to do on this visit before bagging them all up until next time.

Hands get pretty sore from all the handling.  But 1225 is 49 boxes, enough for 2 seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment