Monday, September 30, 2024

Farm Project #14 -- Soil Samples

 Farm Project #14:  Soil Samples


We rent the farm fields to the farmer across the road and he grows hay, corn, and sometimes soybeans.  He's doing a good job of terracing on the big hill and all.  We decided we need a baseline after a couple years of it to monitor how the soil is doing.

So I took four bags and went on a nice hike.  

Bag #1 I filled with dirt from 3 equal locations in the center of the field going up to the new dam

Bag #2 I filled with dirt from 3 equal locations going up the east side of the big hill.

Bag #3 I filled with dirt from 3 equal locations going down the west side of the big hill.

Bag #4 I filled with dirt from 3 equal locations in the east-west center of the flat field along the road.

It was a gorgeous day and it turned into a very nice protracted hike, which I enjoyed very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment